In this quick start guide we’ll show you the fastest way to create a database without writing code. We’ll use visual tools that are intuitive to get you going fast.
- Create an account
- Create a database
- Add data
Create an account
First, register for your free account. Then you can add as many databases as you like. There’s no obligations and no credit card required to get started on our Free plan.
To learn more about our plans and pricing, see our pricing page.
Create a database
After creating your free account, you can add a new database with the following steps.
- In the main view, click ‘Create Database’ to be taken to the template gallery. We offer a list of template databases to choose from or you can create your own from scratch.
- In the template gallery, choose ‘Blank database’.
- Enter a name for the database and click the Create Database button. You will then be taken back to the main view where your database will appear.
- Next, click the database name to open the database.
- Click the ‘Add Table’ button.
- In the text box at the top of the screen, enter a name for the table.
- Click ‘Add Column’ menu option to add any many columns as needed.
- For each column, choose a data type. The column defaults to text but you can choose from a variety of data types for the column.
- Once you are done adding columns, click ‘Save’.
- Continue adding tables with columns as needed.
Congratulations, you just build a database with out writing code. Next, lets add some data.
At this point you have a fully managed database in the cloud. It has also auto generated data entry screens for easy data access.
- Click a table name.
- Click ‘Add Data’.
- Enter data into the auto generated screen.
- Click ‘Save’.
Well that was fast.